Stubicke Toplice spa

Stubičke Toplice is located at the foot of Zagrebačka gora in the heart of Hrvatsko zagorje, about 40 kilometers north of Zagreb. It was first mentioned in historical documents in 1567, although it is presumed to originate from the Roman era.

Due to the healing properties of the thermal well, the first baths were erected in 1776 by the Vojkffy family; Maksimilijan Vrhovec, the bishop of Zagreb, purchased the spa in the early 19th century.

During his era, the spa became an important health and tourist center where they built a bath building with a pool, known as the Maksimilijan’s Baths, the Diana Baths pavilion building and the Chapel of St. Catherine in the classicist style in 1811. The construction of the entire bath complex was completed in 1814.

The water temperature in the well ranges between 43 and 69.5 degrees Celsius, while the exceptionally rich chemical composition (sodium, potassium, strontium, barium, manganese, zinc, led, tin, copper, iodine, brome, sulfates, carbonates, silicates, etc.) makes it suitable for treatment of joint and muscle rheumatism, sciatica, discopathy and various posttraumatic conditions.

Stubicke Toplice spa

More information
www.www.tz-zagorje.hr
www.stubicketoplice.hr

Enter Google AdSense Code Here

Comments

Comments are closed.